Complaint Review: Columbia House DVD Club

• Reported By:Loveland Ohio
Columbia House DVD Club
Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A.

Columbia House DVD Club Beware Scam Indianapolis Indiana

I had belonged to Columbia House as my hubby wanted to get those free DVD's as offered.. So he put my name on the stuff and sent it in. The DVD's never worked and most of them had to be sent back..We kept getting movies sent to us that would stick inside the DVD player.. The movies often just froze and nothing could be done about it.. When we finished our so called contract we ended our agreement.

We was called a year later and I deceided to reenlist which was a really big mistake. I noticed that our checking account was being bilked for $24.95 for movies we did not ordered..I called them to complain and I was told that since my husband had mailed into them a check with our account number Cking accnt#)on it that they had the right. Well I put a stop to their ACH's coming thru my bank.. We kept getting movies and we would send them back unopnened. We did buy the 3 needed to end our contract and I closed the account over the phone, thru the card and online.

I wrote a large email to them stating please close my account as I did not need of their services anymore.Well they did stop my account. So now a year later I have been getting telemarketers from Columbia House calling at all hours of the day and night about trying to get me to rejoin. I am on the National Do Not Call List and they still kept calling. Sometimes when I answered they actually hung up on me. I am being called at least twice a day from them..I never gave them my phone number at all. They located it thru the internet or paid to get it..I would not have been that crazy to give them my unlisted telephone number..

I have writtne emails, called them, and spoke to one telemarketer who called me today at 9:10am this morning and begged them to stop. I am going to report these idiots as they are NOT supposed to call when you are on the NATIONAL DO NOT CALL LIST.They have called in about 34 times to my home this past month..Do not let them get by with this bull...report them to everyone including your own phone company as harrassment..

DO NOT JOIN THEM AS YOU WILL CONSTANTLY HAVE TO GET THEM OFF YOUR BACK AND THEM STEALING MONEY OUT OF YOUR HARD EARNED CHECKING ACCOUNT FOR MOVIES YOU NEVER ORDERED.STOP ALL ACH'S FROM COMING THRU TO YOUR BANK..REPORT THEM FOR TELEPHONE HARRASSMENT TO EVERYONE..

They believe that once you gave them either your CC# or your checking accout number they can do what they want.You gave them permission.. NO THEY CAN'T..

Bullying Back to Columbia House
Loveland, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2007 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-House-DVD-Club/Indianapolis-Indiana/Columbia-House-DVD-Club-Beware-Scam-Indianapolis-Indiana-239676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia House DVD Club