Complaint Review: Columbia House DVD Club

• Submitted: Wed, July 13, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, July 13, 2005

• Reported By:Lincoln Nebraska
Columbia House DVD Club
1400 N. Fruitridge Av Terre Haute, Indiana U.S.A.

Columbia House ripoff, fraud, non-responsive, false advertising, Terre Haute Indiana

I joined Columbia House DVD on the web via a company they hired to promote them. I was to receive a $25 gift certificate of my choice. I chose AppleBee's.

I never got my gift certificate! I have tried calling, email, going through my charge card company and have gotten no response.

After 6-12 months I told them the contract was void due to them not sending me my gift card. That got me a charge of $120 for not finishing my contract!

Columbia House put the $120 on my charge card without my knowledge. I paid off my charge card minus C.H. $120 and cancelled my card so they couldn't charge anything else.

Now I'm waiting for a response.

The bad thing is will this affect my credit rating?

Lincoln, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2005 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-House-DVD-Club/Terre-Haute-Indiana-47811/Columbia-House-ripoff-fraud-non-responsive-false-advertising-Terre-Haute-Indiana-149631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia House DVD Club