Complaint Review: Columbia House DVD Club

• Updated: Thu, May 24, 2007

• Reported By:Nashville Tennessee
Columbia House DVD Club
www.columbiahouse.com Internet U.S.A.

Columbia House DVD Club Membership Scam - I never signed up to join ripoff Internet

I received an unsolicited email saying my order is on its way! I never ordered anything nor did I join their club - I never even heard of it. How did they get all my information (name, address)?

I finally found a 1-800 number and called and after going through voice prompts after voice prompts I ended up just pressing the number to join hoping to get a real live person. I did and I spoke to her and she said, of course, she couldn't help me and that I needed to send an email and to write refuse on the package when it arrived.

Well I have emailed and I got a response back saying during peak times they are busy and that it might take 4 days for an answer to my question. And in the mean time I have now received this DVD I never ordered. I didn't even know it was from Columbia because it is just a South Caroline address with absolutely nothing indicating it is from them. I taped the box back up and am sending it right back to Columbia.

I just hope they don't have my credit card/banking information too. Where in the world are they getting their information and why am I a member when I never signed up - I don't watch DVDs. This is insane and makes me want to cancel all my credit cards or something. Isn't this fraud and identity theft since they have my personal info? Oh I'm so mad

Melissa
Nashville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2007 10:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-House-DVD-Club/internet/Columbia-House-DVD-Club-Membership-Scam-I-never-signed-up-to-join-ripoff-Internet-250273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia House DVD Club