Complaint Review: Columbia House DVD Club

• Submitted: Tue, October 11, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, October 11, 2011

• Reported By: I Have A Complaint — Maplewood Missouri United States of America
Columbia House DVD Club

Columbia House DVD Club www.columbiahouse.com Charging me for DVD's I didn't order. Refusing to cancel my membership. Internet

After receiving an email advertisement that advertised 3 dvd's for $1 each I decided to sign up for the Columbia House DVD club.  several months after ordering the 3 dvd's they started to charge me for DVD's that I did not order.  I sent them an email asking them why they did this.  They told me that they automatically send director's selection DVD's and charge for them.  I told them I do not like them charging me for things that I did not order and I told them that I wanted to cancel my membership.  They told me that I need to fulfill a commitment and order 3 more DVD's before I can cancel.  So then I ordered 3 more DVD's and told them again that I want to cancel.  Again they refused to cancel my membership.  This time their excuse was that I need to buy 3 more DVD's that each cost at least $19.95 or more and because the movies I purchased cost less than that they do not count.  The problem is most of there movies cost slightly less than the required $19.95 or more.  I wasn't able to find any movies I am interested in that meet that requirement.  So I am unable to cancel my membership and they are charging me for movies that I didn't order.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2011 12:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-House-DVD-Club/internet/Columbia-House-DVD-Club-wwwcolumbiahousecom-Charging-me-for-DVDs-I-didnt-order-Refus-787300. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia House DVD Club