Complaint Review: Columbia House Dvd Club

• Updated: Tue, June 10, 2003

• Reported By:simpsonville South Carolina
Columbia House Dvd Club
columbiahouse.com Internet U.S.A.

Columbia House Dvd Club ripoff Columbia House, impossible to cancel membership deceptive company ripoff swindlers Terre Haute Indiana

I started my membership with Columbia House dvd club. To begin with, I would receive notice of which dvd was being shipped to me and I could send back a card if I didn't want that particular dvd. Then all of a sudden, I just started receiving dvd's in mail with no notice of what it was. I returned these dvd's unopened because I did not know what the dvd was and did not want to pay unnessesary postage to return something that I probably would not want. I sent back the last 5 dvd's with PLEASE CANCEL MEMBERSHIP marked on package & invoice. I am continually being charged for unwanted dvd's.

I have tried to reach someone by phone, but to no avail. These people make it impossible for you to cancel membership. Once they get your credit card number, nothing but stress, frustration and harrasment will follow. Even trying to cancel membership on the internet is impossible. If you do find a cancel membership form, go through the trouble of filling out all the info., you get no confirmation of it being sent or of them receiving it. Their unprofessionalism should be made known publicly to avoid others from falling into their scam.

simpsonville, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2003 06:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-House-Dvd-Club/internet/Columbia-House-Dvd-Club-ripoff-Columbia-House-impossible-to-cancel-membership-deceptive-c-60281. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia House Dvd Club