directions

Columbia House Video Club
5900 Finch Avenue East, Scarborough, Ontario Canada

Columbia House Video Club ripoff Scarborough Ontario

*Consumer Suggestion: Certified Mail, Return Receipt

I signed a contract in 1999. I had to buy a certain amount of VHS in 2yrs, and then after the terms I was able to cancel my membership. But I did fullfill the terms and did not buy the amount of VHS I was suppose to, so I had to pay a "due on contract" wich I did in March/2002, I gave them 2 checks over the phone wich totaled to 217.75$ wich I have the proof that it was taken out. And after paying it, I told them I wasn't interested in buying anymore.
In April/2002, they started again by saying i owed them another "due on contract". I told them I wouldn't pay it because I already did. After a few months they send me a recovery agency and from there I had no choice on paying money again, I paid another 132.20$ on October/2002, They were 2 send checks. I also have the proof of my bank account book, showing they took the money. I told them to cancel my membership, and to never open another one , even if requested. At this point we suspected someone, was opening contracts on our name.
In April 2004, they started threatning me that I had a "due on contract" to pay, I send them a letter and the proof that I paid a "due on contract" already twice, 2yrs before. They send me a letter saying they didn't care they wanted their money, and I had 15 days to pay or else...
Then I called them and talked with a LIVE person, I explained my situation, and she looked and said that I had signed another contract in 2002. And they wanted a "due on contract" because I hadn't baught anything, I told them that I never re-signed a contract, that I cancelled it. She said another one was also open in April 2004. So that means in 2 yrs ill get bothered again to pay another "due on contract". They are ruining my credit. I requested that I have a copie of that supposibly contract I had signed in 2002 & 2004. Wich I know I never did, they stopped sending me mails and I never heard of them after I paid them in 2002. I want this to stop, I cant pay a lawyer,and I cant keep on paying these "due on contract" every 2years, or whenever they decide to re-open a contract. this is pure fraud, no one is alound to put my signature on a paper, Iam still waiting to have a copie. When I do receive it. What can I do. This is my last hope.

Karine
st-isidore, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2004 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-House-Video-Club/Scarborough-Ontario-k0c-2b0/Columbia-House-Video-Club-ripoff-Scarborough-Ontario-96736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia House Video Club

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Certified Mail, Return Receipt

AUTHOR: S.n. - (U.S.A.)

You need to send a demand letter to this company via USPS Certified mail, return receipt requested. Outline everything in the letter that you have outline here and demand they provide you with any *contracts* you supposedly signed. I live in the US so I am not sure what agencies you have available to report this company to, but you need to find out and submit the same information to that agency. Give this company a sufficient number of days to provide the information you have requested and advise them that you are not liable for any payments without written proof of the contracts.

I sincerely apologize. I told you to send the certified letter via USPS (United States Postal Service). You would need to send the equivilant of that in Canada, make sure you get a receipt showing that the company signed for your letter.