Complaint Review: Columbia House Video Club

• Submitted: Fri, January 31, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, January 31, 2003

• Reported By:Terrell Texas
Columbia House Video Club
1400 N Fruitridge Ave Terre Haute, Indiana U.S.A.

Columbia House Video Club ripoff Nonexistent customer serice Terre Haute Indiana

I joined Columbia House Video club several years ago, when it was a good deal. Then they became so far behind the time, I just never ordered anything after a while. Got a notice in November 2002 that I must order 3 more selections and pay about $51 to meet my contractual obligation. So I sent in an order for 3 videos with my credit card number. In January 2003, I get a notice if I DO NOT pay $51 immediately, it will be turned over to a collection agency. So I go to the web-site, but it does not recognize my account number. I call the 1-800 number, pay the balance by credit card because the recording cannot find any record of an order. I also e-mail the company telling them to ensure any orders are cancelled and to remove my name, address, phone number, and e-mail address from their lists and to never contact me again. This week, I get that order and a bill.

Terrell, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2003 07:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-House-Video-Club/Terre-Haute-Indiana-4712-9701/Columbia-House-Video-Club-ripoff-Nonexistent-customer-serice-Terre-Haute-Indiana-43588. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia House Video Club