Complaint Review: Columbia House Video Club

• Submitted: Tue, May 28, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, May 28, 2002

• Reported By:clyde nc
Columbia House Video Club
Terre Haute, Indiana U.S.A.

Columbia House Video Club said I sent back tapes when I never even got them Terre Haute Indiana

I joined Columbia House Video Club several years ago. Every month they send you a card and if you don't want that month's feature selection you check the box, "send no selection" and mail the card in by the stated deadline. I always sent my card in on time every month, so therefore I didn't receive the featured selection.

However, they would send me threatening letters in the mail, claiming I had been returning videos back to them, and how this was costing them money, and that if I didn't want the movie, to send in my card on time.

BUT I HAD BEEN SENDING MY CARDS ON TIME! I HADN'T EVEN RECEIVED ANY VIDEOS IN THE MAIL, SO HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN RETURNING THEM? I wanted to scream!!!!!

So I called them and explained my problem, but they just argued that I HAD returned videos and they had records of this on their computer! They are full of s***! I went through h*** because they kept sending me threatening letters. S

o finally I purchased the number of required movies and got out of their club as quickly as possible. It has now been three years, and I am so glad to be out! Whenever they write me wanting me to join their club, saying they want me back, I just rip it into a million pieces and throw it in the trash!

amy
clyde, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2002 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-House-Video-Club/Terre-Haute-Indiana/Columbia-House-Video-Club-said-I-sent-back-tapes-when-I-never-even-got-them-Terre-Haute-In-21670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia House Video Club