Complaint Review: Columbia House Video club

• Submitted: Wed, September 15, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, September 15, 2010

• Reported By: Michele — Groton Connecticut United States of America
Columbia House Video club
PO Box 91601, Rantoul, IL 61866-8601 Harrisburg, Pennsylvania United States of America

Columbia House Video club Columbia House DVD club; & Located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

I fulfilled my obligation/contract by buying the number of DVD's required by Columbia House Video club: aka Columbia House DVD club above and beyond what the contract called for after signing up. When they kept sending my new DVD's that I did not order, I kept sending them back and called Three times to tell them to STOP SENDING THEM. They asked if I would like to be put on what is called a "send ONLY if ordered/specified by ME online".  I agreed but then the DVD's kept coming. I called a fourth time and told them that I no longer wish to receive ANY DVD's from the company to take me off of their list completely and to CLOSE OUT MY ACCOUNT. I was told that I was all set. Still the DVD's kept coming and I had to send them back.

Then to top off matters, I got a bill saying that I needed to pay for a DVD that I sent back. (I never opened any & they were sent back immediantly thru the post office) I called once again and told them that I did not keep any DVD's and to stop sending them! She kept saying, 'are you going to pay for the outstanding balance...' I told her that I will not pay for any DVD that I did not order or keep. I kept getting bills. My husband called them twice and spoke to them regarding this. Then the National Recovery Agency is calling me EVERY DAY - I keep telling me to take me off of their list and that I did not OWE OR INTEND TO PAY COLUMBIA HOUSE ANYTHING.  I know that this is prob on my credit report now and I have always had good credit!!  Please, If anyone can help me!  Frustrated in Connecticut.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2010 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-House-Video-club/Harrisburg-Pennsylvania-171122893/Columbia-House-Video-club-Columbia-House-DVD-club-Located-in-Harrisburg-Pennsylvania-640785. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia House Video club