Complaint Review: Columbia House

• Submitted: Mon, October 16, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, October 16, 2006

• Reported By:Delta British Columbia
Columbia House
5900 Finch Ave., East Scarborough, Ontario U.S.A.
  • Phone: 416-299-8181
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Columbia House ripoff, fraud, harrassment Scarborough Ontario Canada

I was on the internet and tried to order some movies from Columbia House. My credit card was denied and they said "sorry but you cannot purchase" because of this.

Later I received an email from them stating "Welcome to Columbia House"

I later sent them an email On April 28, 2006, saying I decided against joining. I did not joint because of insufficient funds.

May 1st they decided to send me the movies I could not purchase anyway. They expected me to return them and of course that would mean postage, handling and insurance.

I refuse to have to pay for something I did not pay for with a company I did not join.

I am now continually harrassed by their collection service.

I have even tried to phone Columbia House to find a phone number and name for the Collection Service Company to contact.

Columbia House hung up on me. This too now I will have to pay for.

I have all documentation and willing to take Columbia House to Court.

Louise
Delta, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2006 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-House/Scarborough-Ontario-M1B-5X7/Columbia-House-ripoff-fraud-harrassment-Scarborough-Ontario-Canada-216023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia House