Complaint Review: Columbia House

• Submitted: Sun, September 10, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, September 10, 2006

• Reported By:Tri-Citys Illinois
Columbia House
1400 N. Fruitridge Ave. Terre Haute, Indiana U.S.A.

Columbia House ripoff Terre Haute Indiana

I have been trying to cancel this account for months. I have written them and I have called them (the last 2 people refused to give me there name) Everytime I call they say "well we have not recieved any movies back" I tell them you have recieved several movies back with in bold letters cancell this account and credit my account! They say well we can cancel but we wont credit your account unless we get the movies back. "We arent responcable for the mail and if they lost it its not our fault you paid for them and we wont refund.

I am so furious I can't see straight. Here I am doing what they require of me and they still wont refund and to make matters worse I just got another movie and if that wasnt bad enough they have been hitting my account for almost $30 a month so much for and discounted prices. Each movie I have been fraudently charged for I have seen at the stores for half if not 3/4 cheaper. I dont know what to do any more. They have over $150 of my money, I have no movies (which I didnt want to begin with) and I get treated like dirt and disrespected on top of it.

This company should be shut down! I think they should have to refund every dime to everyone they have wronged along with more $ for the stress, agravation and disrespect!

Tri-Citys, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2006 09:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-House/Terre-Haute-Indiana-47811-1130/Columbia-House-ripoff-Terre-Haute-Indiana-210349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia House