Complaint Review: Columbia House

• Submitted: Wed, April 27, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, April 27, 2005

• Reported By:San Diego California
Columbia House
1400 N Fruitridge Avenue, Terre Haute, Indiana U.S.A.

Columbia House overbilling Ripoff Terre Haute Indiana

Around Christmas 2004 Columbia House said that I ordered and sent me DVD off my "wish list" and debited over $200 from my credit card. I called Columbia House as soon as I saw these debits and they tried to tell me that I did over them, but said that I must have done it by mail in. I never mailed anything. Then they said it must have been someone who went through my trash bin and sent in my order(how amusing that they order stuff of my wish list, sometimes 4 copies of the same DVD).

It is quite clear that I never ordered them as they were shipped to my previous employer's address.Shipment was refused and returned to Columbia House (what the client service rep told me to do). I posted opposition to my Credit Card Company and they refunded me the money. Simultaneously I ordered and received DVDs but, unfortunately, my Credit Card Company also refunded me this amount which is about $70 but I am no longer sure with all the adjustments, returns, etc. I was waiting to get an invoice to be able to send in this amount but instead received invoices for the DVDs that I never ordered or received. I have called them and wasted many HOURS on the phone. Each time they say that they will rectify my account and send me a correct bill. Last time I called them on March 31, 2005 and spoke to Stella from Management Department. She was very nice and helpful - even called me back. I told her that now Columbia House was threatening to report me to a National Consumer Reporting Service. She promised that this would be rectified and a new invoice would be sent. She also apologized for the nasty letter I got.

I just received another invoice dated April 15, 2005 to which they have added an additional $70.59 (amount due on contract for 3 remaining selections that I am supposed to purchase) to the cost of the DVDs that I never ordered or received. In addition, they have reported my Unsatisfactory account to the consumer reporting service and say that unless I pay then $218.42 now will give this to a collection agency.

Ann
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2005 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-House/Terre-Haute-Indiana-47811-1131/Columbia-House-overbilling-Ripoff-Terre-Haute-Indiana-140623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia House