Complaint Review: Columbia House

• Submitted: Wed, May 14, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, May 14, 2003

• Reported By:Whiteville North Carolina
Columbia House
1400 N. Fruitridge Ave. Terre Haute, Indiana U.S.A.

Columbia House ripoff Terre Haute Indiana

On February 16, 2003, my good friend signed me up for Columbia House's DVD club. I was suppose to pick out five DVD's at $.49 a piece to start the membership. I also included an extra DVD to start completing my membership. After she signed me up, she printed out a copy of the DVD's that I had ordered. She told me it would take a while to receive my order.

After two months had passed, I received my bank statement and seen that the check that I sent to the company had been cashed. I called the company to check on my order and I got in contact with a recording and listened to what she said. I pressed 2 to get in contact with a representative and they had no record of me ordering any DVD's. There was no record of my name address or anything showing that I placed an order.

Since about the middle of April, 2003, I have contacted the company a number of times and every time I call I still get the same answer's. I have sent copies of the check that was cashed, and other information on this matter. I have been told every time that they will get in contact with me, but they never do. I was also told by one of the representatives to send a front a back copy of my check from the bank and I did.

I have still not received any information on this situation. I am in the process of contacting my lawyer to see just what I can do about it. It is not fair to the customers to not be able to take action against this company. They do not need to get away with this.

Clarissa
Whiteville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2003 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-House/Terre-Haute-Indiana-47811/Columbia-House-ripoff-Terre-Haute-Indiana-56924. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia House