Complaint Review: Columbia House

• Updated: Mon, May 14, 2012

• Reported By: kv — hendersonville Tennessee United States of America
Columbia House

Columbia House, Columbia House DVD Fraud, Harassment, Internet

Columbia House contacted me saying I owed them $82. and some change. They contacted me a couple of years ago as well then finally stopped.

This time they said I signed up for an agreement to buy so many movies within a certain time period. I told them it had to have been fraud being I had a debit card stolen but Columbia house never showed up on my bank statements. They have an address I haven't lived in, in over 3 years. Saying I signed up almost 2 years ago. They then had another company in India call me 6-9 times a day saying I owe them money. If I pay the $82 something dollars they will give me vouchers to buy DVD's.

I don't watch movies but maybe twice a year if that. I worked for a cable company at that time where I got free movies through my discount. They kept insisting I just pay the money and they will close the account out. I'm not paying $82 for something I didn't do.

Then the guy told me maybe someone in my house stole my card and used it. So he blamed my wife for stealing my card! When she doesn't even use our computer ever. For Columbia House to do this has really irritated me and something needs to be done.. Thank you

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2012 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-House/internet/Columbia-House-Columbia-House-DVD-Fraud-Harassment-Internet-882517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia House