Complaint Review: Columbia Telecommunications Group

• Submitted: Mon, March 01, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, September 21, 2004

• Reported By:Redwood City California
Columbia Telecommunications Group
174 Milbar Blvd. Farmingdale, New York U.S.A.

Columbia Telecommunications Group Rebate Ripoff on 2-way radios from Frys Electronics Farmingdale New York

*Author of original report: They Did It To Me Again filed bankruptcy

I purchased 2-way radios at Fry's Electronics in Palo Alto, CA on 6/29/03. I followed the rebate instructions exactly as stated; was told 12-14 weeks. After 4 months began sending emails and get no answers. 800 number is either busy or afterhours recording.

I am stuck with a very substandard product (which I realized after I sent in the UPCs and cannot return since the UPCs have been removed.

I have previous "issues" with Frys, but this is not the only complaint on this site about this same product. I am also filing a complaint with BBB.

In the meantime, DON'T buy from Columbia Telecommunications Group and definitely don't trust their rebate advertisements.

Elizabeth
Redwood City, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2004 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-Telecommunications-Group/Farmingdale-New-York-11735/Columbia-Telecommunications-Group-Rebate-Ripoff-on-2-way-radios-from-Frys-Electronics-Farm-82421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia Telecommunications Group

They Did It To Me Again filed bankruptcy

AUTHOR: Elizabeth - (U.S.A.)

I finally did receive the 3 $25.00 rebate checks, much to my shock. I deposited them, all 3 bounced and I was charged $45.00 for the 3 check by my bank. BBB then tells me that the day after the date on the checks, CT filed bankruptcy. People/companies like this make me sick.