Complaint Review: Columbia Telecommunications

• Submitted: Mon, June 14, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, September 22, 2004

• Reported By:Sunnyvale California
Columbia Telecommunications
174 Milbar Boulevard Farmingdale, New York U.S.A.

Columbia Telecommunications rip-off! A two way radio $25 rebate was promised, but not fulfilled. Farmingdale New York

*Consumer Comment: Fry's paid the Rebates and Bank Fees

I purchased a two way radio last September from Columbia Telecommunications with $25 rebate from the manufacturer. I mailed them the rebate form along with the bar code as
required. The rebate policy states that I should receive the rebate within 12-14 weeks.

But I waited until March and received nothing. I then called the company and got the response that the rebate was in processing and a future reference number. Then I got nothing in next 3 months.

I called them again and was asked to leave name and phone number by an automatic system. I did but never heard response since.

Yan
Sunnyvale, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2004 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-Telecommunications/Farmingdale-New-York-11735/Columbia-Telecommunications-rip-off-A-two-way-radio-25-rebate-was-promised-but-not-fulf-94812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia Telecommunications

Fry's paid the Rebates and Bank Fees

AUTHOR: Neil - (U.S.A.)

I called up Fry's and explained to them the situation. I didn't have a copy of my original rebate, but I did have the 3 "NFS" rebate checks and a receipt from my bank stating that I was charged $10.00 per returned check. I faxed them all of these papers, along with my order # and explanation of the problem, and I just received a check today(9/22) for $105.00($75 in rebates and $30 bank fees). It took less than a month from when I faxed them to when I received my check.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC