Henrietta

• Submitted: Fri, November 28, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, November 28, 2003

• Reported By:Ruidoso New Mexico
Columbus Bank And Trust - Aspire
PO Box 23007 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Columbus Bank And Trust, Aspire Credit Card rip off They do not send "notice of payment due" notices ripoff Atlanta Georgia

I was originally a Providian Credit Card member. Several months ago I was notified (Aspire via regular mail)that Aspire had bought the Providian Company. They also held the remainder of my note to Providian.

Since that particular notification I have not received a bill. Lo, and behold, I now find out that Aspire has a 35.7% late fee.

I called Aspire this afternoon to express my concerns. I was told that I must be mistaken. They said they had the right adress so I must have received the notification. I live in a very small village in the moutains of New Mexico. The Post Office workers are my neighbors and would have notified me had any mail been received.

I later called back to tell them I was cancelling the card. They (employees of Aspire) became irritable but finally said they would terminate privileges. I do not trust them to do so.
Howcan I trust them. They do not send me corresppondance as to my balance, date due, etc.

Eugene
Ruidoso, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2003 10:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbus-Bank-And-Trust-Aspire/Atlanta-Georgia-31902-3007/Columbus-Bank-And-Trust-Aspire-Credit-Card-rip-off-They-do-not-send-notice-of-payment-du-73384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbus Bank And Trust - Aspire