Complaint Review: ComEd

• Submitted: Mon, August 10, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 10, 2009

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
ComEd
PO Box 6111 Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

ComEd My utililty bill has quadrupled. In April my bill was 26.06, May my billl was $26.06, June 104.21,July 110.74 August 132.77. Yet, I haven't used my cooler all year, and I wash at the laundromat. Carol Stream Illinois

ComEd has quadrupled my bill since June 2009. ComEd first claimed they couldn't read my meters. I informed ComEd that, I gave them the managers office number before, and gave it to them again. The managers office installed a sticker with its phone number on the door, so the person who reads the meter could call them. In the end, a custodian would be sent to open the door so the meter could be read. A new resident, who recently moved in the condominium across from me, informed me, since she moved from another block, her utility bill has skyrocketed .

ComEd bill 4/2009 29.37
5/2009 26.06
6/2009 104.91
7/2009 110.72
8/2009 132.77
This hasn't been a scorching hot summer. Also two other residents on the first floor, have also complained about their escalating ComEd utility bills!
I haven't used my cooler any this summer. The cool air is coming from my windows!!

Dawn
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2009 05:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ComEd/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197-6111/ComEd-My-utililty-bill-has-quadrupled-In-April-my-bill-was-2606-May-my-billl-was-2606-477987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ComEd