Complaint Review: Combined Health Benefits Association

• Updated: Wed, August 03, 2005

• Reported By:Scottsdale Arizona
Combined Health Benefits Association
, Florida U.S.A.

Combined Health Benefits Association ripoff, 7/15/2005 I took out Insurance policy as Med Supplemental I never rec'd any literature and wasted a week calling with no return call. Upon reviewing their literature I attempted to cancel after I noted they charged my bank acct. from the beginning. I reuqested a cancellation and refund. The latter was refused. Ft. Lauterdale Florida

7/15/2005 I took out Insurance policy as Med Supplemental I never rec'd any literature and wasted a week calling with no return call. I already had "AARP". Upon reviewing their literature which I rec'd. 10 days later I attempted to cancel after I noted they charged my bank acct. from the beginning. After another 7 days I reuqested a cancellation and refund. The latter was refused.

As related before before I requested a Medicare supplemental insurance quote and was given a sales pitch with a 20% reduction quote. I accepted and told the individual not to begin the so called policy after the end of the month.I found out my bank credit card was charged 3 days later and I hadn't rec'd any literature. I called their one and only telephone number and a week had passed before I could request and obtain any literature. I also noted the company ignored my request and began the policy on th 15th of the month instead of the end.

I finally received their literature and decided against the policy. It took me another week to talk to someone who agreed that they shouldn't of sold me this faux insurance medicare supplemental policy. They stated they had to refer me to someone in charge of cancellation. Thee call never came and after a few days (8/3/05) I recalled "CHBA" and talked to this quite rude lady who informed me there would be no refund of any money I paid.

Berton
Scottsdale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2005 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Combined-Health-Benefits-Association/Florida/Combined-Health-Benefits-Association-ripoff-7152005-I-took-out-Insurance-policy-as-Med-152381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Combined Health Benefits Association