Complaint Review: Combined Insurance Company

• Updated: Mon, June 21, 2004

• Reported By:sudbury Ontario
Combined Insurance Company
7300 Warden Ave Suite 300 Markham, Ontario Canada

Combined Insurance Company ripoff lied, cheated, overworked and underpaid me Northern Ontario Territory Ontario Canada

I've read the other reports on Combined Insurance Company and would like to assure my American friends that in Canada, Combined operates no differently.
I worked for Combined for seven months, and I was lied to right from the word go.

The person who recruited me, I found out later, was a compulsive liar, telling me that there was no door to door selling involved (an outright lie), that I would be making six figures within a year (if I was a liar like him I guess), that our territory only involved making two long trips a year (another lie, because he didnt make the trips and didn't know.

My first training week was spent 1300 kms away from home, and I had to pay my gas and food, after having had NO income for about 6 weeks (4 of which were training).
My first 8 weeks in the field involved 7 of them away from home in a motel, again paid by me, and the big boss only cared about me renewing policies, not sales.

After my 8 week guarantee period was over, the renewals slowed down considerably, and I was now expected to sell these junk policies DOOR TO DOOR, which I was told I wouldn't have to do. I am an honest sales person, and Combined Insurance rewards the liars, because they push poor, unsuspecting people to take junk insurance that they really cannot afford, and as I've heard both in this forum and from dozens of policy holders, the claims process is a nightmare. Canadian doctors charge $25-$80 per form filled out, and Combined needs one filled out every 4-6 weeks.

Further to the policy holders being given a hard time, all of the big bosses were creepy, money grubbing compulisve liars. The only decent person was my sales manager, who was honest like me, only more patient apparently and able to stick it out.

To anyone meeting a Combined sales person at your door, most good salesmen here won't take no for an answer, as they are drilled to do in training and at sales meetings. BEWARE OF COMBINED INSURANCE! In my opinion, you will never get real value for your money from this company.

sudbury, Ontario

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2004 09:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Combined-Insurance-Company/Markham-Ontario-L3R-0X3/Combined-Insurance-Company-ripoff-lied-cheated-overworked-and-underpaid-me-Northern-Onta-95841. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Combined Insurance Company