Complaint Review: Combined Insurance (aka A Subdivision Of AON)

• Submitted: Wed, December 26, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, December 27, 2007

• Reported By:Alliance Ohio
Combined Insurance (aka A Subdivision Of AON)
www.combined.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Combined Insurance (aka A Subdivision Of AON) Wish I had done my homework before I left for Chicago! Chicago (HQ) IL, OH, and others Nationwide

*Author of original report: Combined Insurance (aka A Subdivision Of AON) Wish I had done my homework before I left for Chicago! Chicago (HQ) Illinois, Ohio, and others Nationwide

*Author of original report: Combined Insurance, OH, Follow-up

I have to say that virtually everything written by past employees of combined seems true. Sadly, I failed to properly research the company before I flew to Chicago for two weeks of training. I don't know if I just wanted a good job so badly or if my Sub-Regional Manager Becky just did a great job of selling it to me. Regardless, after the first week I realized that this was a "canned" product and that what Combined means by training is brainwashing there new recruits. I had previously served in the military and aside from the verbal abuse, that is pretty much what training seemed like...absolute indoctrination and reprogramming from dawn until 2:00am. That isn't even the worst part. I was fortunate enough to call my Sub-Regional Manager after the first week and told her that I quit. She tried to make me feel like a failure, like so many others have reported here and would not accept my resignation. She told me to call her back. I did several times trying to find out how I was supposed to get home, since my flight wasn't until five days later, but no returned calls. Even better--I didn't sign a contract AND THEY STILL ISSUED ME AN AGENT NUMBER AND WILL NOT RETURN MY CALLS!!! Anyway, to anyone considering this as a career opportunity, I will tell you from experience that insurance can be great but Combined is a scam for unsuspecting employees and consumers alike. The products they offer are cheap because they don't cover anything close to the real life cost of accidents, disability, cancer and whatever other insurance they are peddling.

Dan
Alliance, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2007 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Combined-Insurance-aka-A-Subdivision-Of-AON/nationwide/Combined-Insurance-aka-A-Subdivision-Of-AON-Wish-I-had-done-my-homework-before-I-left-fo-294516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Combined Insurance (aka A Subdivision Of AON)

AUTHOR: Dan - (U.S.A.)

Even better--I didn't sign a contract AND THEY STILL ISSUED ME AN AGENT NUMBER AND WILL NOT RETURN MY CALLS! Anyway, to anyone considering this as a career opportunity, I will tell you from experience that insurance can be great but Combined is a scam for unsuspecting employees and consumers alike. The products they offer are cheap because they don't cover anything close to the real life cost of accidents, disability, cancer and whatever other insurance they are peddling.

Combined Insurance, OH, Follow-up

AUTHOR: Brad - (U.S.A.)

Shortly after posting my thoughts here, the "Regional Manager" for Ohio (Dominick) finally called me to address my concerns about being one of the many ghost employees of the company. After informing me that his company has a AAA rating (which is false and rediculous, and the fact that the manager of a state doesn't know that is doubly rediculous), he then proceeded to question my ingegrity, call me a "pussy" and hang up. I WOULD BE VERY CONCERNED IF I WAS CONSIDERING DOING BUSINESS WITH OR BEING EMPLOYED BY THIS COMPANY!!