Complaint Review: Combined Insurance

• Submitted: Wed, May 06, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 06, 2009

• Reported By:Bismarck North Dakota
Combined Insurance
5050 N Broadway Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Combined Insurance, Combined Insurance will share your bank information with their "subsidiary" companies - illegally charged my account for three months! Chicago Illinois

I have been an accident policy holder for many years and the coverage was so-so. In December 2008 they shared my bank information with an auto hotline company that is affiliated with them (Hi-Tech Auto) after I completed a customer survey that was CLEARLY branded Combined Insurance and returned it in the mail. For three months, my bank account was charged for the monthly policy premium in addition to a subscribers fee of $11.99/month. That subscribers fee was charged to Combined AH800.

My bank gave me there verification telephone number and upon calling that number, they said they got my "permission" to draft my bank account based on my completing the customer survey for Combined Insurance. This survey has nothing on it stating verification for a bank draft nor does it include an area for bank account information to be included.

Thus, it was pretty easy to draw the conclusion that my bank information got into Combined AH's possession from their parent company, Combined Insurance.

This issue is on its way to the North Dakota Insurance Commissioner and my goal is for them to not be allowed to hold policies in the state of North Dakota.

Also, I put in a request with Combined Insurance in February (when I cancelled my monthly bank draft) to have a local representative contact me to review my policy. To-date, I have not received that phone call.

They are a company that is scamming the money of Americans. Not only their employees, but their customers as well. Shut 'em down. Call Aflac...

Bismarck nodak
Bismarck, North Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2009 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Combined-Insurance/Chicago-Illinois-60640/Combined-Insurance-Combined-Insurance-will-share-your-bank-information-with-their-subsid-449283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Combined Insurance