Complaint Review: Combined Insurance

• Submitted: Wed, June 04, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, June 07, 2008

• Reported By:Ottawa Illinois
Combined Insurance
5050 Broadway Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Combined Insurance Company Lies and Plays games with Accounting and Compensation Chicago Illinois

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I too was duped by Combined for 18 months...but now Independent is the way to go

I was an employee of Combined for a number of months -- unflrtunately I didnt know about this site until after quitting.

Combined lies to their employees -- salesmen and women and to their customers.

The ad I answered said "guaranteed income" -- boy was that a joke. The only compensation received was straight commission -- and even that was not right 90% of the time. The company's accounting is so bad that everyone I knew getting commissions had to reguralrly check the pay and then argue with headquarters accounting when it was obviously wrong. When you work for a company you cant trust -- it is not good.

The company promised to help hire salesmen to work for me (as a Sales Manager and then Branch Manager) but I received little or no help -- other vthan the internet ads suggesting "guaranteed income". Needless to say I didnt hire many (try none) salespeople with this degree of assistance from Combined. Also, they were presuring me to make more sales -- and to exceed expectations for a 3-4 person area. this was laughable -- except that it hurt.

Finally, I found out that the Area Manager was playing favorites with the Branch and Sales Managers because he was having an affair with one of the Branch Managers -- and he was married with 2 kids. -- this is against company policy as stated in the handbook but management looks the other for people that they like.

THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT A COMPANY TO WORK FOR -- if you get an inquiry from them RUN dont walk in the other direction. I amsorry that I wasted 3 months of my time -- and a lot of dollars on gas etc.

Val
Ottawa, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2008 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Combined-Insurance/Chicago-Illinois-60640/Combined-Insurance-Company-Lies-and-Plays-games-with-Accounting-and-Compensation-Chicago-I-337089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Combined Insurance

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: The Alco Group - (U.S.A.)

I ended my career with Combined this past January. In fairness the training is the best in the business but the leadership is another story.
I finally realized that as a Sales Manager I was pressured to give my money away to agents under my supervision. Leaving was the best move of my insurance career.
Since then I've started an Independent Marketing Organization and LOVE it. I even have hired 3 former Combined agents who like the rest of us wasn't making any money. The products and companies we now sell for are fantastic, pay the highest commissions and respectable. Each one of our agents are independent, they receive practical field support and have NO nightly call in reports or morning meetings. :) If interested in more info write my email. You do have other OPTIONS.