- Report: #308457
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Combined Insurance
Combined InsuranceMultiple Branches Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Combined Insurance Fraud Interview Scam Interview under false pretences, false promises, fake branch office Edmonton Alberta
*UPDATE Employee: UnProfessional
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: whatever theo
*UPDATE Employee: Combined is not a scam...Lazy people won't make money anywhere...
*Consumer Suggestion: Same thing for me
*UPDATE Employee: A satisfied manager of 17 years with Combined Insurance.
*UPDATE Employee: Positive experience and earned good money
Some odd things:
1. You never applied for this position.
2. Your credentials/expirience have nothing to do with this position.
3. The title of the job is something like "manager trainee" even if you have no management expirience, OR insurance industry expirience
4. The request came in an e-mail, stating they saw your resume on a job website and this request seems somewhat scripted.
5. They make very broad salary promises right off the bat in the e-mail but do not describe the job in any detail.
So you reply to the e-mail, because...someone just offered you an interview! yay! At this point you get a reply very quickly inviting you to an interview in some Instant Office type building where people can come in, rent offices and leave.
Well, this happened to me. Fortunately I did my research before I went further. If this happens to you, here's what you can expect if you schedule an interview:
You will arrive at a makeshift office and be presented with a general guarantee to make money by selling insurance. Don't get me wrong, this insurance company is real...just its premise isnt. You will be put under huge pressure to accept the job right away. You will arrive at the training to discover they take anyone, even high school dropouts. You will then discover that you must do the training unpaid, then only work for commission....and this 30-50 grand?....you get that after 6 months IF you make a certain amount of commission. Which is nearly impossible to make.
Then, as you're working, wasting time and money driving around selling insurance, getting doors slammed in your face and getting frustsrated you get the best part. You discover your interviewer and his office have dissapeared. and instead of being a manager trainee for the "your-city branch" ...you ARE the branch. And you have 6 months and $350/week commission pay to show for it. Meanwhile you have sold insurance accounts to all your friends to this ridiculous company.
Congratulations! you are a combined insurance sucker! err...salesman!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2008 09:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Combined-Insurance/Edmonton-Alberta/Combined-Insurance-Fraud-Interview-Scam-Interview-under-false-pretences-false-promises-f-308457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.