Complaint Review: Combined Insurance

• Reported By: iam01 — Freeport New York United States of America
Combined Insurance
Chelsea Ct Freeport, New York United States of America

Combined Insurance 2 months of Combined was enough for me Freeport, New York

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: just a thought

Let's see, I spent 2 months of my time with Combined Insurance and I'm not going to say they are unethical or a bad company because they wouldn't have been able to hang around for 90 years without doing something right.

I've been reading a lot of the comments regarding each persons personal experience and I'm not disagreeing with anyone's story or opinion of the company. It's probably all true!

My story as an ex-employee goes like this.

Clown Show:

My DM

CONTROL FREAK! Mr. Micro Management himself. If you google Micromanagement you will see my ex-DM's picture. His TM's were in charge of the morning meetings which were only supposed to last 30-45mins but like clockwork he would interject EVERYDAY which made the meetings last 2 hours. I think he thought it was motivation but it was more like whining why no one has their 5 and 5. But I guess I would be the doing the same thing if my income was cut in half because of production or lack thereof.

My TM

This guy was a 9 year old with a drivers license. This guy would spend a minimum of 3-4 hours on one appointment with people that didn't have a checking account/couldn't afford the product or just didn't want it, just badgering and hammering these poor people. His famous statement before every appointment was "I know this he/she is going to buy." ME:(Yeah? OK.) Majority of the time his appointments weren't real appointments. People would tell him they would meet with him just to get him off their backs and they would avoid him on the day of the appointment and his following words would be "I just don't understand why they didn't keep the appointment." I can go on and on for days about this clown but it's too much to type.

The Agents

All nice people but out of 14 agents 10 looked like they had been beaten into submission by life and were just hanging on by a thread to savage the little dignity they had left. One guy looked and acted like he was autistic. Like he could sell insurance but couldn't function in any other aspect in life but a nice guy(no offense to people with autism). I feel for them because they look like they had nowhere else to go. This was the end of the road and no more left or right turns down the road of life.

Me

Everyday I just felt like 'Abdullah' the character Bill Duke played in the movie Car Wash and I quote, "I don't know, man, I don't know. I know I'm not crazy. But every day I have to come here and watch this clown show, man. Sometimes... just can't take it."

Not to mention they didn't pay me my full commission for a $8000 week of APV. SO, I BOUNCED!

Peace!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2010 06:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Combined-Insurance/Freeport-New-York-11520/Combined-Insurance-2-months-of-Combined-was-enough-for-me-Freeport-New-York-643007. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Combined Insurance

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

just a thought

AUTHOR: tolong - (United States of America)

i spent 14 years at combined.I hate more about combined than you know.I do know the field mgrs are under more pressure than anyone can handle to the point it is silly.People joke that it is a cult its close.you will learn alot about sales and people.I suggest you get out the hours are long and the pay is among the lowest in the industry.If they owe you money they will pay you.That I will guarantee.But if you can stick it out not join the cult of the miserable most of the posts are part of the people that dont make it anywhere.Remember the morning meeting is for attendence purposes dont let it ruin your day.If you are going to quit "just  do it" run dont walk good luck