Complaint Review: Combined Insurance

• Submitted: Mon, May 05, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, May 24, 2003

• Reported By:Buffalo New York
Combined Insurance
11 British American Blvd Latham, New York U.S.A.

Combined Insurance ripoff company selling fraudulent insurance claims ripoff swindlers Latham New York

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I have heard this many times

In August of 2002, a combined life rep passed my home and wanted to speak to me about insurance for myself and my children. I told her I wasn't interested at the time, but she would not go away. Eventually, I signed up for accidental and hospital stay coverage for my children, while my fiance signed us both up for accidental and disability in the event either of us were hurt and unable to work short term.

I was telling a co-worker about this wonderful program when she informed me that her child was in an accident and hospitalized, and combined insurance gave her the runaround, and did not deliver. I dropped them immediately, but my fiance didn't.

To this day, they are withdwrawing money out of his checking account monthly. Three months ago, he had surgery and was out of work for 8 weeks. I recently had an off the job injury and this is my fourth week out of work. Until last week, when he received his bank statement, he had forgotten that he had those policies for the both of us, because he misplaced them. Well, he gave them a call and guess what? Eventhough they have been deducting money continuously each month for the last 2 years from his account.

They told him that they had never even heard of him. Now, we have to go through the trouble of getting all of the cancelled checks to prove to them that they took this money, and being that he lost the paperwork, I would be amazed if we ever saw a dime of any of the money owed us.

Felicia
Buffalo, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2003 07:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Combined-Insurance/Latham-New-York-12110/Combined-Insurance-ripoff-company-selling-fraudulent-insurance-claims-ripoff-swindlers-Lat-55673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Combined Insurance

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I have heard this many times

AUTHOR: Donna - (Canada)

I have heard about this problem many times while I was working for this company. BY LAW, you have up to one year from the time of your accident or sickness to make a claim. If the company keeps giving you the runaround get ahold of the insurance regulators for your state.(In Canada we have regulators, you will have to find out what they are called in the U.S. I think Insurance companies are under Federal Law in the States) They enforce the laws with insurance companies than get ahold of your lawyer. If this is a legitamate claim and your premiums have been paid on time, they cannot refuse your claim.

Good luck.