Complaint Review: Combined Insurance

• Submitted: Sat, February 12, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, February 12, 2011

• Reported By: Averagejoe — fulton New York United States of America
Combined Insurance

Combined Insurance Thanx for this site I almost became a Combined Slave,, Internet

I too was contacted by Combined Insurance because they found my resume on careerbuilder.com. Also they promised that there was an opening in thier company for me, who has no sales or insurance experience what so ever. They promised that they would train me, and I would get excellent benefits. Red Flags were all over this situation. unsolicited job offers usaully turn out to be too good to be true. I had to ask for a job description as when I was contacted none was given, and yes it also seemed very scripted. I will leave the names of the recruiter and those who would have interviewed me out, as I never actually met them. I will admit that I did background checks on them, and they were people who worked regular jobs before Combined. I know hard times and all.  I thought that it was odd that the recruiter called really late for a business, as she would call at 6:30pm or as late as 9pm. She even called the nite before my interview to make sure I was still going to it.........who does this???? I've never had a company call to make sure you were going to the interview.  So I shrugged it off. I went to the Dept of Labor to get some copies of my resume for the interview. I then told an employee there how I was solicited by email based on my resume, and he told me that is rare, and sounds fishy. SO he asked me who it was, and I told him. He knew exactly who they were and said that he too had applied for this a few years ago. He then gave me this site to look them up. Lo and behold I'm glad I didn't go to that interview. I'm sorry but I need a real job, not some we'll pay ya later maybe after you drive all over gods green earth and try to sell our insurance.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2011 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Combined-Insurance/internet/Combined-Insurance-Thanx-for-this-site-I-almost-became-a-Combined-Slave-Internet-694561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Combined Insurance