Complaint Review: Combined Insurance

• Updated: Sun, October 07, 2012

• Reported By: janie — midland Texas United States of America
Combined Insurance

Combined Insurance Will suck you dry Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: MORE TESTIMONY FROM CHANTER UNIVERSITY!

*UPDATE Employee: THE TRUTH ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: What you say is absolutely true!

I worked for this company for two years, in fact I was a top producer for my first year. The strange thing was that after all was said and done, I was continuously broke. For my first six months I had to drive 200+ miles every day because I had an incompetent boss who didn't like to drive himself, said the company didn't pay him enough. Every sale he made was fraudulent. Then all of my customers started dropping off the books because the company wouldn't pay their claims. I was trained to say deceitful things and when I brought that up, I was told oh, we're not paid to think. Really?!? I spent so much time and effort and money trying to make a buck, it was all gone on gas. I finally called it quits when they wanted me to work in an area that was 200 miles from my home, and not pay for lodging or gas.

See, these people were deceitful from the get-go. I got a call from a lady that they had received my application and wanted to offer me a "managerial sales position with a salary". I went to what I thought was a special interview, turns out there were about five people shuffled into a room. We all got the same pitch, but it was an excellent pitch. I bought into it. I was promised my own territory and $500/week for 13 weeks, plus paid training. They did pay for the hotel, have no complaints about that (it was very nice). Came with free breakfast plus $20/per diem + miles. I could normally survive off $20/day, but we were in the middle of Addison, which is hardly a $20 per day area.  Then I was stuck training with the worst sales person I knew who sorted through all of the leads himself and kept giving his reps the same ones over and over again. The people who had been with the company for ages were territorial a-holes who had no problem working in your designated area but would cry to upper management if you even mentioned one of their customers names.

I had five managers in my two years there. Four out of five were fired for doing suspicious things. After two months, I was the only left out of my training class, after two years, the only one in my territory. I don't know why I didn't catch on sooner. I was constantly getting charge backs. I quit on account of the gas expenses and I  never received my 1+ year renewals. When I tried to have someone show me where they were on my check, I kept getting stonewalled. I made more in my first 6 months at my new job then I did in a year with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2012 10:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Combined-Insurance/internet/Combined-Insurance-Will-suck-you-dry-Internet-917243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Combined Insurance

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

MORE TESTIMONY FROM CHANTER UNIVERSITY!

AUTHOR: Anyways11 - (USA)

Ok, I think I'm running out analogies to describe Combined. (that's a word, chanters, look it up) So, I think I'm going to leave it like this, over 100 complaints a month have been filed against this company in any state alone. The average for any insurance company is between 30 and 40. If they were doing such a good job, then this site wouldn't have three pages of descriptions all saying the same thing. The reason, by the way, that someone is typing all in caps is the same reason this company sucks people in, they figure if you tell the same lie long enough, it becomes the truth. The good news is there are people on this site that don't drink the KoolAid and will continue to tell the truth. Keep schooling and STAY AWAY FROM COMBINED!

THE TRUTH ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE

AUTHOR: The Truth - (United States of America)

I MUST TELL ANYONE THAT IS LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE A CHANCE TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY THAT IT IS SIMPLY THE BEST COMPANY IN THE WORLD . HOW MANY COMPANIES INVEST $10,000.00 DOLLARS INTO YOU FROM DAY ONE WITH OUT EVEN KNOWING IF YOU WILL BE PRODUCTIVE FOR THEIR COMPANY. I AM AN EMPLOYEE OF COMBINED INSURANCE AND IT IS CHANGING MY LIFE FOR THE BETTER EVERYONE THAT READS THIS GARBAGE IS READING FROM SOMEONE WHO FAILED. PLEASE MAKE YOUR OWN OPINION OF THE COMPANY COMBINED IS A GREAT COMPANY THEY ACTUALLY TEACH YOU HOW TO SELL OTHER COMPANIES JUST GIVE YOU THE PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE.THIS COMPANIE IS HELPING THOUSANDS OF FAMILIES TO DEAL WITH OUT OF POCKET COST THAT 98% OF INSURANCES DONT COVER.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

What you say is absolutely true!

AUTHOR: Anyways11 - (USA)

The good news was you got out before you had no money. Most people are stupid enough to hang around until their heat gets turned off. Remember this anyone who reads this ,"STAY AWAY FROM FROM COMBINED!"