Complaint Review: Comcasr

• Updated: Sat, March 08, 2014

• Reported By: Sarah — Cedar Minnesota
Comcasr
9602 S 300 W Suite B Sandy, Utah USA

Comcast and Security they have called constant guard I called them about my bill, and security problems. They went into my comp and planted a Virus!!! Sandy Utah

Sometime between 12/11/13 and 12/14/13 I called Comcast about a billing question and a security question. After I had my billing

question answered, she transferred me to someone in Constant Gaurd. (Comcasts free security for the internet). This very nice guy

told me I had an older version of Constant Gaurd and he would be happy to install is for me. I NEVER let any one into my computer unless it was some one I knew and trusted. He was from Comcast. They are a large

Corporation, so I trusted him. He did not call me, I called them.
It went so smoothely that he was all done in less than 3 minutes!  id I know that he planted a Virus in my computer!

Meanwhile, my friend ordered something off the internet on my computer with a debit card in early Feburary.  My hard drive

crashed a few days later. I ordered a new hard drive from Dell on a net 30 basis where I purchased my computer originally. I had it customed designed for me 3 years ago and I saved for 2 years to get it. The computer cost me over $2000.00!

I put the new hard drive in and downloaded all the information back from my backup drive that I ordered from dell when I ordered

the computer from Dell. Three weeks later, my friend had over $4,000.00 taken from his account and was overdrawn. He NEVER

OVERDRAWS HIS ACCOUNT!! They even kept it automatic deposit money to cover these fraudulent charges. I felt so bad for

my friend. He was left penniless! I borrowed money from my sister so he could buy gas to go to work!

Then I tried to uninstall Comcast's security and I could not! So I called a friend that sets up and repairs computers all over the

world. He could not uninstall the program either!! He suggested I call Dell Technical Support for more help. Dell wanted $239.00

for 1 year of support. I went to my sister and borrowed that money. Dell had to download 2 tools to my computer to remove

Constant Gaurd from my files and folders. But when he to to the start button ans clicked on "all programs" Constant Gaurd was still in there!! Dell found hidden files from Constant Gaurd that had to be deleted!!!

I have spent over 40 hours on the phone with Dell, and they cannot repair my files as they were so badly corrupted. It is now

nessesory to totally wipe out all of my hard drive and my backup drive. So I have to back up my files to a flash drive.

I have PROOF that all these problems started when Constant Gaurd went into my computer. I called Comcast security department

to report this problem to them. It took over 2 hours to reach a superviser at Constant Gaurd. I spoke with a guy named Alex who

gave me his ID# as Y.4. He was very sympathic to my story and agreed that I should be compensated. I did not use bad language

or yell, I told him that he should go through my phone records between 12/11/13 and 12/14/13 and see when I called them as they

also have my phone and TV services through them also. They have one or more Crooks working in their Constant Gaurd office(s)

and that shoud be investigated. He agreed with me totally!!!
Alex called me the next day and asked me to tell my story to the fraud department. I said I would and he transferred me to them. I

got a person who could hardly speak english. The first thing he said was "I understand someone called you claiming to be from

Comcast and they went into your computer and planted a virus. We are NOT responsible for your problems." I said NO, that was

not how it happened. I called Comcast!!! Then I said something about the security breach that Target had that affected millions of

people, and it is now being handled by the government. Then I got cut off. All I know is that I did not hang up.

I tried to get a hold of Alex at Constant Gaurd. And I NEVER got a call back!!
In the month of Febuary, whitch I Call the month of "Hell" my friend lost his brother to Cancer and my oldest daughter had a

stroke and cannot walk.

Someone PLEASE help me! I have PROOF. I live alone!!! I am on dissability and only a fixed income.

Corporation, so I trusted him. He did not call me, I called them.
It went so smoothely that he was all done in less than 3 minutes! Little did I know that he planted a Virus in my computer!

PLEASE HELP!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2014 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcasr/Sandy-Utah-84070-33-2/Comcast-and-Security-they-have-called-constant-guard-I-called-them-about-my-bill-and-sec-1129298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcasr