Complaint Review: Comcast Business Class

• Reported By: Lisa — Port St Lucie Florida
Comcast Business Class
, Select State/Province USA

Comcast Business Class Xfinity New contract required to move service Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: agree in concept but...

*General Comment: whine much...

*Consumer Comment: Sorry about the last part where I named DirectTV, but..

*Consumer Comment: While I don't like Comcast, the one year contract is to cover their expenses for the new install..

COMCAST "Business Class" internet service is horrible! Because I am moving they are trying to strong arm - or shall I use the term "BULLY" me into signing another 1 year contract. "That's our policy" - well, that seems illegal. If I am trying to uphold my end of the contract through the end of my term, but they refuse to move my service unless I sign for another year, it appears to me that Comcast is defaulting on the contract. Anyone else out there have this same experience? I am looking into a class action suit.

I posted on Comcast/Xfinity facebook page yesterday for assistance. and asked to email all my concerns and someone would help me. Of course none of my posts can be seen by the general public. I spoke to ELLIOT in corporate (610-234-3494) this morning and was "PROMISED" that I would receive an email in 10 min with the "promises in writing" and that all my installation fees would be waived as a courtesy prior to me agreeing to move forward with my move. In addition I was told that the additional year would start from installation vs. being added to the end of my current contract. I called over 2 hrs later and spoke with Elliot again.

He just informed me he is waiting for "authorization" and information from the people I spoke with yesterday. In our 2nd conversation he said he needed to verify that the "new 1 yr contract" could start from installation at my new location and not added to my original contract. Then he said they "might" waive all or a portion of my installation vs. ALL fees like he told me in our earlier conversation. Apparently there weren't any notes made to my account and he said they would not make notes to our conversation as to information I was given [by the multiple reps I spoke with yesterday]. He refused to pass me on to someone who has the "authority" to make changes and stated he did not have contact information for the Comcast legal department.

AGAIN - I am being bullied into signing an additional 1 year contract to MOVE my service - this is a "COMCAST policy". No one can seem to provide me the language within the "contract I agreed to" that the contract is for the address and not the service. Last I checked, an "address" cant sign a contract - only a person or entity can sign a contract. Further more, if the "address" is the responsible party, then I guess I have no further obligation to your service and you can "sue" the address for non-payment and for not fulfilling the contract!

As a side note: when I originally signed up for the "business class internet service" (I am an owner operator who works from my home office - not a huge corporation), I specifically asked about moving my service at a later date and the possible ramifications because I knew this location was only temporary. I was told "all you need to do is call" - no fees, no new contracts etc. Also, I have completed 2 years and 1 month of my original 3 contract. PLEASE HELP EXPOSE THIS UNSCRUPULOUS COMPANY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2014 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast-Business-Class/Select-StateProvince/Comcast-Business-Class-Xfinity-New-contract-required-to-move-service-Nationwide-1115403. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast Business Class

agree in concept but...

AUTHOR: disgruntledBizEmp - ()

Now I will preface this with saying I am Business Class employee, AND I assure you im more disgusted with this comoany than you are.  I will say the number one problem with situations like this are people not readimg their contracts.  It sucks but being a business and acquiring telecom services you are gonna sign a contract regardless of the carrier.  People almost NEVER actually read these things and it clearly states this contract applies ONLY to the specified address where service is installed.  It does suck, but its true.  What people fail to realize is that for a typical tech visit we pay out roughly $200, plus the charges based upon purchase and activation of phone numbers it comes out rather cheap when they charge you the install fee.  This sucks as I mentioned and I will say, if you have another choice stay far away from comcast anything for your business.  Regardless of what they advertise, their products are sub par.  Just a realist employees advice.

#2 General Comment

whine much...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

And you CALL yourself a business person. REALLY!!! I guess if you PLAY at business then you MUST be a business person. It appears as if your common sense has taken a vacation. Im betting that if they did the whole upfront charge you would scream bloody murder.

Lets take a min and show you the level of stupidity you are generating here.

Service call $150.00

Equiptment $300.00+ but on LEASE

Techsupport $75.00 for the inevitable problems associated with a move.

So you expect them to spend this money ON YOU and NOT be required to have a contract extension.

Are you sure you shouldnt be ambeling around moaning "brains"?

Times change. As such the information you recieved TWO YEARS AGO has changed. YOU made an ASSUMPTION that the information YOU recieved two years ago was STILL valid. THEN there was no costs. NOW there is. All you had to do was make a phone call and they would have given you the information. Unfortunatly for THEM, they gave you the information and that just didnt fit into your little scheme to defraud them of some of their cash. So instead of accepting the simple and easy terms given to you, you feel its ok to spread your paticular venom online. Get over yourself and PLEASE stop calling yourself a business person. Because all you have done is make the small business owner look as stupid as the general sheep of a consumer.

BAAAH!! BAAAH!!!

Sorry about the last part where I named DirectTV, but..

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

my rebuttal, otherwise, stands as written and YOU are in the WRONG!

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Perhaps you'd rather pay that fee in a lump sum up front.  Ask them if you can do that.  Keep in mind it will probably be several hundred dollars.  It's NOT in any way illegal, they are NOT defaulting on the contract and you can get service from others if you don't like theirs. Nice try on the "default" and "illegal" though to try to bolster your argument.

The satellite providers usually require a two year contract extension to do a move.

"PLEASE HELP EXPOSE THIS UNSCRUPULOUS COMPANY"

What is unscrupulous here?  If those of you who move don't pay the expense then others that don't move end up paying for it in higher monthly fees..but I would guess that would be alright with you.   Are you REALLY a businessperson?

I don't work for or do business with DirectTV, but I can't see the Ripoff you so creatively argue here.

All you ranting is just that..ranting.