Complaint Review: Comcast Business Internet

• Updated: Fri, August 08, 2014

• Reported By: Argusg — Fort Collins Colorado
Comcast Business Internet
Nationwide USA

Comcast Business Internet sales representative misrepresented written contract by making false statements regarding terms of agreement Fort Collins Nationwide

After waiting two weeks to hear back from Comcast representative Angela regarding the early termination of my account, it was made clear to me by Angela that I cannot cancel my contract without incurring early termination fees in spite of the fact that I have been without internet for the past month on a service that guarantees 99.9% uptime.

I have an audio recording (available upon request) from when comcast sales representative John originally took the sales call.  In it, the following false statements were made by John (Last names available upon request).

1) It was stated that I could cancel at any time for 70% of the remaining contract costs.  The actual contract states this number is 75% indicating that I was not told the truth.

2) It was stated that my contract duration was 12 months.  He again stated later in the phone call that if I were to cancel on day 31 that I would have to pay for the remaining 11 months, further alluding to the fact that he made these statements regarding the contract duration.  The would place the contract end date at 10/29/14.  The actual contract states the contract end date is 10/24/15, indicating that I was not told the truth.

3) It was also stated that I would have 99.9% uptime.  I have been without internet for almost a month.

4) It was stated that a move transfer would be set up for me if I chose to move.  No mention was made of a move installation fee or of the need for a new time-bound contract to be drawn up in order for me to complete my move.  A free installation, however, was mentioned.  Comcast now states It will cost me additional money if I want to move and in order to do so I must sign a new contract.

Based on these false statements which improperly informed me of the specifics of the contract which I was about to sign, I am asking for what was promised by the representative.  Since there are three months remaining on my contract according to John's statements... at $49.95/month, the total cancellation fee is as follows: $149.85 (.7) = $104.90.  This is in response to the Comcast claim that my early termination fee is over $1000.

Technically speaking, however, Comcast should honor the fact that the sales representative misrepresented the information contained within the original contract and therefore treat the written contract as void.  This means I really shouldn't even be paying my proposed revised early termination fee as the contract is was rendered void by the false statements made by John the sales representative.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2014 06:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast-Business-Internet/nationwide/Comcast-Business-Internet-sales-representative-misrepresented-written-contract-by-making-1168534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast Business Internet