Complaint Review: Comcast Cable

• Updated: Tue, May 20, 2014

• Reported By: GACP — newark Delaware
Comcast Cable
Penn Mart Shopping center Wilmington, Delaware USA

Comcast Cable COMCAST They are ripoff artist to suck people of fees the wrong way Wilmington Delaware

I had replaced COMCAST Cable services at my house with VERIZON FIOS on JUly 1, 2013, as I was fed up with COMCAST increasing prices without telling the customers. So I called them the day VERIZON was installed. I explained that I was traveling for a week.  The guy on the phone told me that you have two weeks to return the equipment. Hence in about 14 days I went with alal the cable equipment to return. The lady on the counter said "you owe us for 15 days worth of fees. I explained she said she will take care of it provided I brought the Verizon bill to her showing the startup date to be 1st of July. So my second trip I went witht he Bill and she told me that the charges are ZEROED. I get a call i n about two months from the collection agency that I owe $53 for COMCAST. I explained to teh lady at teh collection agency my situation. She tells me to go back to COMCAST and tell them to go to second screen and zero that one. She explains that they have zeroed it because they have forwarded your charges to a collection agency.

So I go again, this time furious and (it is about 12 miles from my house) The lady behind the counter tells me that they don't have a record of me talking to anyone hence the charges are due as stated. So I  call on the manager. She says that no problem she will take care of it.

Then about a month later I get another call from collection agency saying the charges are still due. So I make two more trips to COMCASTand this time talk to three diff customer serice agent (including the supervisor) who say they have submitted the charges to be waived off. She said please give these number (some kind of case number in case you still ahve problems.

Sure enough I get a call again. This time I am enraged and go back to COMCAST. The manager gets to me and says she will take it up personally and see what happens.

Then two days later the manager calls back and says they apprently did some research and she doesn't have right to cancel this charges. (after my five plus trips to comcast , 120 miles of driving and 4 -6 hours of my collective time later) So I told mey wife to go ahead and pay for it and tell them that I am goingt o write this up in a report for everyone to see how COMCAST rips people off.

My recommendation is do not get COMCAST they are shrewed and have no business ethics. As long as I am using some cable service I am not going to use COMACST and I am telling at least 100 peopel about this experience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2014 03:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast-Cable/Wilmington-Delaware/Comcast-Cable-COMCAST-They-are-ripoff-artist-to-suck-people-of-fees-the-wrong-way-Wilming-1148339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast Cable