Complaint Review: Comcast Signature Support

• Updated: Sat, November 23, 2013

• Reported By: comconned — Seattle Washington
Comcast Signature Support
, Select State/Province USA

Comcast Signature Support $79.95 to talk to incompetent "technicians" nationwide

*Author of original report: Refund from Comcast Signature Support

I called Comcast because I was having troubles with my internet connection and was transefered to Comcast Signature Support. They told me that I'd be charged $79.95 to talk to a support technician. Due to a bad phone connection, and the CSR"s strong accent, I heard $7.95. Regardless I was outraged that I was being charged a fee to resolve a seemingly pedestrian Comcast service issue.

The "technician" that I spoke to was both unpleasant and unhelpful. They suggested that I reset the connection by entering a code on the backside of my modem. That didn't work. Then they suggested that I buy an ethernet cable, so i did. However, even though I told them that I have a Mac, they suggested I get an ethernet cable. I bought the cable only to find that it was not compatible with a Mac (you have to buy an apple adapter, which at that point, I was unwlling to do as I suspected it still wouldn't resolve the issue).

I called Signature Support back and told them that my issue was not resolved. Then they suggested the option of sending out a technician for a fee of $97.95! That's when I discovered that I had been charged $79.95 even though my issue was not resolved. A week later I called Comcast to dispute the charge. I was told by them that I was not charged, but then I recieved my bank statement which indicated otherwise. Subsquently I called Signature Support several times requesting a refund.

They finally conceded and promised me that the charge would be credited after 14-days. Almost 4-weeks later that has not happened. I've called Comcast but Signature Support seems to be an entirely different entity. Signature Support billing is hard to contact and they don't return messages. I'm not a new Comcast customer but I am appalled by their greedy and duplicitous behavior of recent. My only power as a customer is to drop Comcast and to encourage other customers to take care and be vigalant.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2013 05:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast-Signature-Support/Select-StateProvince/Comcast-Signature-Support-7995-to-talk-to-incompetent-technicians-nationwide-1101760. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast Signature Support

Refund from Comcast Signature Support

AUTHOR: comconned - ()

It took me several phone calls, over several days, but I finally got my refund. Signature Support Billing is seemingly elusive and very difficult to contact. The regular Comcast billing department has direct lines and longer business hours. Signature Support Billing on the other hand, seems to be an entirely different corporate entity. They don't have a direct phone number and operate according to eastcoast business hours only.

Most recently it took me 43 minutes, I talked to no less than 6 people, I was told I was talking to Support Billing twice, sent back to the main menu 3 times before being connected with the right CSR.

I've been refunded the full $79.95 and Signature Support credited my bank account immediately and without delay, for which I am very appreciative.

My advice to the consumer though, is be patient and persisent when seeking a refund from Signature Support Billing.