Complaint Review: Comcast

• Submitted: Tue, March 15, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, March 15, 2011

• Reported By: Mike — Atlanta Georgia U.S.A.
4700 North Point Parkway Alpharetta, Georgia United States of America

Comcast Xfinity Billing and Service problems - - Makes customer pay for their mistakes and incompetency Alpharetta Georgia

Jan: Upgraded Cable Service to include STARZ.  Was told that cost of upgrade was $10 a month

Feb: Received first bill with upgraded service, was charged $16 for upgrade, not the $10 that I was quoted over the phone.  Called Comcast and I was told that the first month was higher due to prorated fees of previous month.  Next bill should be at the quoted price of $10.

March 8: Got second bill, still being charged $16 for STARZ, not the quoted $10.  This time got on live chat so I could have a written document of conversation.  I was told that the charge for  STARZ $16 – only HBO and Cinemax would be $10 a month.  Comcast would not give me a refund - just offered to switch me to another Movie channel – so I canceled my Starz subscription.

I then ordered a HDMI capable DVR  – which was also $16 a month for this DVR (I have confirmation of this order in writing)

March 13: Received a device from Comcast in the mail–I worked with Comcast help desk for over 4 hours in trying to get device to work.  During final hour Comcast advised me that the device I had received was not the DVR I had ordered, but a High Definition converter.  I do not have HD service, thus the reason the device would not work (and I was not willing to pay for an upgrade to High Definition).

Comcast did offer to resend me the correct device, but said that I would have to return the other device to avoid a charge.  I asked if they could send a technician to pick up their device – since this was their error, they said they could for a charge of $49. – My other option was to take time off work to return the device they sent to me in error to a location and time of their choosing.

My position is that:

1) Comcast should refund overcharge of $12 for Starz (honor original agreement of $10 a month).

2) Comcast should retrieve device they sent to me in error at their cost and time, not mine – Comcast should not charge me $49 – or make me take time off work to drive to their building to return a device that was sent to me because of their error (and I have written documentation to verify it was their error)

Comcast “great” customer service is basically just their staff apologies for the company mistakes. In my last phone call the agents I spoke to must have apologies every 5 minutes (after about the 2nd hour, it was more of a irritant that anything else. I would have preferred they stop apologies and just fix the problem

Suggestion to Comcast: Stop apologies and just fix the problem.  If you send me the wrong equipment, just come pick it up yourself  (you got trucks in my neighborhood all the time) Do not make me take time off work to return hardware you sent in error.  If you quote me a price by mistake, honor it – just do not say ooppps, sorry about that – now pay it or we will turn off your service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2011 06:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/Alpharetta-Georgia-30022/Comcast-Xfinity-Billing-and-Service-problems-Makes-customer-pay-for-their-mistakes-and-706136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast