Complaint Review: Comcast

• Submitted: Wed, December 31, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 31, 2008

• Reported By:Sterling Virginia
Comcast
21730 Red Rum Drive # 192 Ashburn, Virginia U.S.A.

Comcast changed my internet plan without notification; gave incorrect information; wont reimburse for the charges Ashburn Virginia

Nov 16 2008: - I had the comcast double play for $66 (internet + cable) for 1 year. After reading an article on why we dont need cable, I decided to keep just the internet. I went online and used the chat online tool to talk to a customer rep. I obviously wanted to make sure that I wont lose my 1 year offer if I d/c just cable and keep internet. The rep almost instantaneously canceled the cable and when I asked about the offer to make sure it stays there, this was the reply.

Me > what if I lose my 1 yr offer of $33 ?
John Vinci > You are eligible for that offer and it is yours and it is in process now.
Me > ok
Me > awesome
Me > Thanks John
John Vinci > No problem.

Dec 27th 2008: - I got a huge comcast bill that clearly says my internet is now $59.95. This really sucks. I again contacted their support through the chat.

Me > so is it my fault or comcast's?
Debbie Delsey > That is actually not your fault Kaushal. You were just give a wrong information for your service.
Debbie Delsey > You are not to be blamed for this issue that you have.

I do have the full chat transcript available if required. Comcast understands this but would not do anything.

I called up the comcast phone support and the rep changed the plan to $42.95 something. I am now waiting for my next comcast bill to see what they have done exactly. Comcast IMHO is very poor at billing and very well known for ripping off consumers. I surely know that they can easily have the customer with just Internet and for $33. Thats what I used to pay when I was in MD. They started charging me more because as per Comcast, MD rates dont apply in VA. I am going to again contact the local office meanwhile for this ripoff issue.

Qaushal21
Sterling, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2008 08:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/Ashburn-Virginia-20147-5863/Comcast-changed-my-internet-plan-without-notification-gave-incorrect-information-wont-re-406853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast