Complaint Review: Comcast

• Submitted: Mon, December 30, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, December 30, 2013

• Reported By: Barbara — Venice Florida
12461 Corporate Lakes Drive Fort Myers, Florida USA

Comcast Xfinity, Comcast Xfinity HUGE RIP OFF! PAYING FOR SERVICE THAT DOESN'T WORK Fort Myers Florida

I have been a LONG time Comcast customer and recently had them come to my home to repair an issue with the internet. After the tech left, we noticed our home phone was not working-no dial tone, just an open line.  I spent over 2 hours on hold trying to get a representative to schedule a technician to come out.

Each call I made, I was routed to either the wrong department, or they are in the Philippines and are only servicing the West Coast, or another excuse after another was given to me.

The last representative Esteban said he didn't work in that department but will help me and schedule an emergency technician ticket.  He said techs work till 9pm and should come back out on Saturday night but if not they will on Sunday.

No one called, no one showed up.  Waited all day sunday for them.  Spent over 2hrs of my cellular minutes on Comcast.

Monday I was at the local facility in Venice, FL and waited over an hour just to speak to someone face to face. The rep said that all he can do is schedule service to come back out but cannot credit my account the time with out having phone service.

I then contacted customer service again and requested to speak to a supervisor.  An hour later I was connected and Supervisor Lou in Jacksonville could careless.  He said that a tech could not come out till 12/31 1-3pm.  I asked him about the emergency tech ticket from Saturday night and he said that they reviewed it on sunday and requested that it be rescheduled...someone should have called you.  NO ONE CALLED.

I am still with out a house phone... wasted 2 more hours of life with comcast being on hold and will waste my new years eve waiting for them to come to my house.

Comcast is a giant ripoff... I would switch to Verizon Fios but it is not offered in my area. Comcast is the only company that is.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2013 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/Fort-Myers-Florida/Comcast-Xfinity-Comcast-Xfinity-HUGE-RIP-OFF-PAYING-FOR-SERVICE-THAT-DOESNT-WORK-Fort-1111628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast