Complaint Review: Comcast

• Submitted: Thu, July 29, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, July 29, 2004

• Reported By:carson California
900 N. Cahuenga Blvd. Hollywood, California U.S.A.

Comcast rip-off! They claim ownership of MY cable modem, sent to collections! Hollywood California

I have owned my cable modem for over 3 years. I've been with comcast for about 2 years now. When I cancelled my account with them, I started to receive bills for my modem which they claim it was theirs. I faxed them a proof of purchase, but they keep harssing me to pay them for the modem.

I call their center over 5 times, and they acknowledge this is crazy, and that this should have been taken care of. None the less, their different departments seem to have different agendas, and I'm still being harassed by them and collections agencies.

Nothing I do seems to fix this. Seems like they want me to pay regardless... I don't know what this is about. I would like them to take care of these before it escalates to a bod item on my credit file. This is so unacceptable...

carson, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2004 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/Hollywood-California-90038/Comcast-rip-off-They-claim-ownership-of-MY-cable-modem-sent-to-collections-Hollywood-Ca-101168. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast