Complaint Review: Comcast

• Updated: Mon, November 05, 2012

• Reported By: Tracy — Huntsville Alabama United States of America
Comcast
2047 Max Luther Drive Huntsville, Alabama United States of America

Comcast Comcast Xfinity Cancelled cable in April 2012. Service was not cancelled on their end. Continued to bill, gone to collections for money not owed. Each month hour long calls promise resolution Huntsville, Alabama

In February of 2012 I ordered basic cable from Comcast for my mother in law. In March, she decided she could not afford it. She called and cancelled the service and the equipment was picked up. She received her final bill which was inaccurate. We called Comcast and were told by the agent to disregard that bill, a new one would be sent out. Oh a new bill came alright, with additional monthly service charge, late payments charges, and threats to turn off cable for non payment. I call again and am insured that bill was in error and would be corrected. May 21, new bill comes. Has gone from the incorrect $21.95 to now $117.50. I call outraged. I am told that there was an extra fee for picking up the equipment of $30.00. Equipment that they now claim we still have. I spend a good hour on hold then get a customer solutions agent, Glen, who argued with me about the fees and then hung up on me. I call back, another hour I will never get back, and finally got an agent named Brian who admits that Comcast cancelled the disconnect in error. I am assured that this will be fixed. I am then transferred to Cordovia in the loyalty department and she assures me this will be fixed.. June, July billing, nothing was fixed and now turned over to collections. Call again July 24 and get an agent named Gracie who tells me it will be taken out of collections and that we have a zero balance.

At this point, they have worn me down. I cannot spend hours of my life speaking to agents who lie and now my credit poorly affected due to having been turned over to collections. The tactics used to get money for nothing by a big company such as Comcast are about as much of a ripoff as grabbing your wallet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2012 09:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/Huntsville-Alabama-35810/Comcast-Comcast-Xfinity-Cancelled-cable-in-April-2012-Service-was-not-cancelled-on-their-964888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast