- Report: #1100079
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Comcast
Comcast Xfinity abundance of spontanious charges and lies - new problem every month. After frustration with the company has accumulated for 7 months, so livid can no longer deal and will never have this company for cable again. Knoxville Tennessee
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Although I have never been verbally or ethically supportive of Comast as a company, I rarely had an issue with service or billing the 5+ years I had them at my house. Upon selling and moving into an apartment, the package offered to me by the apartment's Comcast contact being the best offer was the only reason I stuck with them. I have now been paying for that decision for seven months now. A month ago, I decided I was done with their attempts at taking advantage of me as a customer and began researching other options to go with when my package goes up in April 2014, however despite how much I do not want to lose the channels/shows I do watch, it does not look like I will have the patience to continue putting up their antics until then.
The story: Even before I moved, I saw constant ads regarding how "easy" it is to move with Comcast or regarding getting a credit if you move and keep them. (1) I was not only never offered this option, but charged a regular activation fee as if I was a new customer, despite questiong this ad. (2) Now, the package I was offered included DVR. I asked both the original contact as well as the first install tech Clearly and Specifically if there was a rentall fee for this - both which told me "there is, but it is included in your package price". Surprise, next bill shows a $7 rental fee. When I called about this - I was told that the charge is mandatory due to the phone jack and because of the package I elcted (even though I do not need the phone) I do not have the option to trade for a DVR without the phone jack. The "package" I elected, is now $7+ more than I clearly was not given an option to factor for when making my initial decision.
(3) The setup instruction did not include one of the rooms I ordered boxes for (a total of 3) so the first install tech showed up with only 2 boxes and was not familiar with how to get cable to the 2nd bedroom without decreasing the quality below the minimum. (4) The second install tech took fours, I repeat four hours to test signals, replace some connectors, and run a cable line from the hallway, through the first bedroom (around the parameter of the floor), and through the wall to the 2nd br. Now, not only do I posess common sense, but my ex husband also at one time did this for a living and I can vouch for the fact that this was a job that should never have taken this long. That said, I was just happy to have it done after having to wait for something I asked for to begin with and taken off work twice for.
(5) The next bill shows up with an extra install charge. You can clearly see in looking at my account that I only have 3 boxes, only ever requested cable in 3 rooms, yet there was a 4th install charge. When I chat online with a rep, despite their agreeance with this, they do not want to remove the charge. I was stupified to be offered some sort of $10 customer satisfaction credit that they are doing now, which was less than the install charge, thus I would obviously still be paying a charge that is not owed to them. Why on earth would anyone accept that?? Finally after rejecting all of her sill questions, she offers me another one of the credits vs. removing the install charge. Since the total of the 2 credits equated to the charge, I accepted in order to be done with the ordeal.
After this, for 1-2 mos my account went without further issue - until, we decide to return one of the boxes because we were unsure when we would purchase a TV for that bedroom. (6) Upon returning, the next bill shows a new $3 fee, despite the fact that I physically drove to a Comcast location and turned the equipment in. Irritated by this as I was not made aware of this charge in any way, I reviewed the pamphlet provided to everyone with all of the packages and prices. Had this charge turned out to be listed on this, I would have paid the charge without issue. However, this fee was nowhere to be found so again I call. I was told anytime your account is accessed, you are charged a fee. I questioned "where is this in writing?" Finally, she responds with "it's not". Again, had she provided some sort of ligitimate reason they were owed this charge, I would have paid it. I then respond with "well, then I am not paying it". The woman cops an inappropriate attitued and instead of continuing on to the "I will see what I can do about getting this removed" speel, she instead begins her "getting off the phone" one.
(7) The next bill not only still shows the $3 fee, but now shows a sporadic new DVR fee (around $17.95). (8) The month after this, now $3 + $17.95 + 17.95. (9) Less than a week ago, I received a disconnect warning letter in the mail, despite the fact that every month (ever, for that matter, going on 6+ years now) I have paid my bill on time in exception of these BS pop-up charges now accumulating. (10) For about 5 days now, I have also been receiving harrasing automated calls from Comcast "reminding me to pay my bill". (11) Upon getting online yesterday, my anti-virus is now cancelled, despite the fact that even the disconnect warning letter states that I have until 11/21, 4 days from now, to pay these charges they have pulled trying to get out of me for no legitimate reason.
Now, each and every time a new problem arose keep in mind I have had to spend my valued time dealing with correcting things that should never have occurred to begin with, getting more and more exasperated with each time with feeling as if I am doing someone else's job. At This point, I am now LIVID to the point I am unsure I can contain my obvious frustrations with someone in a call center, people I know do not have a thing to do with the cause of these charges. I thought if I gave it a little time while I was researching other options, I would also calm down before I no longer had a choice but to get online with them again. That was, of course before yesterday and the non-stop 2+ times a day phone calls.
Please. PLEASE avoid getting service with Comcast/Xfinity like the plague it is. There is absolutely nothing they offer worth this kind of trouble, stress, or time spent "resolving". Each time I believe an issue to be handled, there is just another new one. I give the service props because it is quality, however the company itself is s**t, I rarely hear good things and hear many stories similar enough to my own, and this will be my last experience with having cable through them. Well, well not worth this, much less being the great customer that I am. You don't get much more responsible than someone like me. Good riddance Comcast.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2013 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/Knoxville-Tennessee/Comcast-Xfinity-abundance-of-spontanious-charges-and-lies-new-problem-every-month-Afte-1100079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.