Complaint Review: Comcast

• Updated: Tue, June 07, 2011

• Reported By: Philly Justice — Philadelphia Pennsylvania USA
Comcast
32-58 N 17th Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

Comcast business service bundle RIPOFF, bait & switch, trap Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Comcast engaged in a bait & switch strategy so we would signup for a business bundle for $105/mo for 3 years.  They told us that we would get internet, phone and cable service and that the cable would include an "entertainment" package.  Initially the channels on my converter box included ESPN, TNT, History, Sci-Fi, Cartoon Network, USA, etc.  Then a few months later, they said that we were getting stations we weren't paying for, so they turned off all of the above and the other non-local broadcast channels.

I called and complained, worked my way up to the President's Office, but they refused to do anything.  I asked to be let out of the contract because they clearly waited until the 30-day trial period had expired before removing the channels.  They said no.  Now, they're saying we're trapped for 3 years!!!  Or , I can pay $60 more each month to get the service I thought I was already getting.  I would have NEVER signed up for this deal if I hadn't been tricked by Comcast.

What's worse is that I signed up for 2 business accounts, with 2 different reps at about the same time and EXACTLY THE SAME THING HAPPENED IN BOTH CASES!!!!

This is clearly a tactic Comcast uses.  They then troll the complaint sites and have their employees say things like "you can't get services you never paid for."  Well, I want and deserve those services back.  Comcast maliciously and with forethought pulled a bait and switch on us -- in 2 unrelated business accounts.  So, they should be forced to make good on the "bait" part of their deception.  I don't even want out of my contract now, I want all of my services.  As it is, my phone numbers are being held hostage -- no small matter for businesses.

LESSON: Don't do a business bundle with Comcast -- EVER!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2011 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19103/Comcast-business-service-bundle-RIPOFF-bait-switch-trap-Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-737884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast