Complaint Review: Comcast

• Submitted: Sun, January 11, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, February 21, 2009

• Reported By:Harrison Twp Michigan
Comcast
comcast.net Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Comcast Wrongly Placed a Bad Mark on my Credit Report Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*Consumer Suggestion: I feel your pain!

In 2003 I sold my condo and bought a house. I called Comcast to transfer service and they informed me that I would have to close my account and then open a new one and also drop the box off at their local office.
I opened the new account, closed the old, and dropped off the box.

In 2006, I decided to refinance my home. My credit score came in low so I ordered a report. Sure enough, Comcast is on it. I call Comcast and spend at least 4 hours dealing with them. No one knew which department handled it. Finally someone said that they would fix it for me. They placed the mark on it because they said I didn't return the box. The rep said I just needed to bring the receipt in showing that I returned the box. I said fine, but I wanted a apology letter and a letter stating that is was wrongly put on my credit and also for them to fix the mark.

I get to Comcast and after waiting in a seriously long line, I was met by a attitude ridden employee. She makes a copy of the receipt and says they will send me the info later. I try and talk to a supervisor to no avail. Now, 2009 rolls around and I get a credit report and there is comcast again. They never fixed the report nor did I ever receive the letters requested.

Beth
Harrison Twp, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2009 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania/Comcast-Wrongly-Placed-a-Bad-Mark-on-my-Credit-Report-Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-410800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I feel your pain!

AUTHOR: Cheychey - (U.S.A.)

I really can relate. They reported us to a collection company for a balance on our final bill that should have been covered when they deducted it from our security deposit. The problem is they LOST our deposit. It's been 2 months now and I feel like I am talking but no one is listening. They keep telling me they are sorry but I still don't have my deposit and no one is being held accountable.

If I were you I would file a complaint with the Attorney General