Complaint Review: Comcast

• Submitted: Thu, February 10, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, April 27, 2005

• Reported By:richmond Virginia
comcast.com Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.

Comcast ripoff Richmond Virginia

*Consumer Suggestion: answers that may work

My company subscribes to Comcast for our high speed internet. We were updating our technologies and getting a static IP address.

When our tech spoke to the Comcast tech he( Comacast) disclosed that we have been charged for the past year for a down load speed of 4, but were only receiving the service of a download speed of 1.

I have had multiply conversations with regular customer service, no one helps, the credit figure is in the hundreds of dollars and they are not authorized to take care of this matter.

I called corporate which assured me a manager in billing would be in touch with in hours. NO PHONE CALL!!
I really don't know how else to handle this, but I do suggest you call comcast and ask what your download speed is. Everyday individuals have no access to the passwords to get into modems supplied by Comacast there fore you have no idea if you are getting what your paying for.

Comcast has also charged me for two moths of this static IP adress before they even delivered the modem, which they have credited.

The compny as a whole seems to be able to bill you but to service you as a customer they will not do.

richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2005 01:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/Richmond-Virginia-23228/Comcast-ripoff-Richmond-Virginia-130911. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast

#1 Consumer Suggestion

answers that may work

AUTHOR: Brenda - (U.S.A.)

The following piece of advice will work for any company that sends techs out.[no matter what the specialty may be]If the tech finds something wrong that may be the companies fault or the manufactures fault.Its advisable to get in writing not only the exact description of what went wrong but the employees name and id number.
Have them sign it in front of you.This should be seperate from the work order stating the problem.In essence your own personal copy.This prevents
corporate from passing off or dismissing your
complaint.Its also proof in a court of law if it gets that far.

I had problems with defective equiment coming from comcast.I only had billing problems with them once.I found that you need to be very persistent and a touch aggresive[rude if you will]when dealing with special adjustments[refunds credits exc] in the billing dept.