Complaint Review: Comcast

• Updated: Mon, December 23, 2013

• Reported By: Lew — Veneta Oregon
Comcast
PO BOX Seattle, Washington USA

Comcast Forced Into Signing A New Extended Contract To Transfer Service To New Location, Seattle Washington

I had already signed an existing contract with Comcast previously, when I contacted them to transfer the sevices to a new location. I was informed that they needed a signature to tranfer services, and couldn't do it over the phone. They e-mailed me the docs to sign, which I did, and e-mailed them back. I have now been informed that I signed a new 3 year contract for services, when I signed to have the services tranferred. This was not told to me over the phone at all, only that they needed a signature to transfer services. The new location that I transferred services to, is in the same shopping center as the old location, and only about 200 feet away. The customer who previously had that location, had Comcast services as well. So, keep in mind, that they did NOT have to run any new wiring or anything. My old contract was much shorter than the new one they snuck in on me. They have now informed me, that if I would not have signed a new contract, they would not have released my current business phone number to the new location! In short, they blackmail you, and force you to sign a new, longer, contract, in order to keep your existing phone number for your business! What choice would anyone have when all your advertising and phone books have that number listed?I was informed today, that there is no law that they have to do that, only that it is their policy! Their Policy! AGAIN, I was never told that I would be signing a new longer contract, only that they needed a signature to tranfer services to a new location. Beware, and read every single page, and word when dealing with Comcast.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2013 05:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/Seattle-Washington-98124/Comcast-Forced-Into-Signing-A-New-Extended-Contract-To-Transfer-Service-To-New-Location-1109498. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast