Complaint Review: Comcast

• Submitted: Tue, July 21, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, July 21, 2009

• Reported By:Highland Park Illinois
Comcast
PO Box 3002 Southeastern, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-2662278
  • Web:
  • Category: Cable TV

Comcast Stole money now sending to collections Southeastern Pennsylvania

Back in Noveber I lost my credit card so I had to change my auto billing with comcast. I called them and they said I would have to make a manual payment because it would not take effect until the next month so I went ahead and had them bill my credit card. They then auto billed my credit card as well. I went to them to have them credit my card back which they claimed they could not do and if I wanted I could go ahead and file a report with my credit card company. I went ahead and my credit card company started the dispute which comcast was not suppose to fight. Their bank fought this and since I got a letter I had to sign with some more information but did return right away I lost the dispute.

This would have been fine had this payment just been paid to the next month. No they lost the payment and now claim they do not have it. My credit card company insists their bank has the money. I spent countless hours on hold and on the phone with them trying to get this straightened out filed a report with the bbb.org. I told them I was stopping my service and stopped making payments as I was not paying for what I did not owe. They are now sending me to collections even though I do not owe them this money. I cannot believe they let companies like this stay in business.

Michael
Highland Park, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2009 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/Southeastern-Pennsylvania-60035/Comcast-Stole-money-now-sending-to-collections-Southeastern-Pennsylvania-471861. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast