Complaint Review: Comcast

Comcast
Internet USA

Comcast Bad billing practices Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Your problems aren't uncommon

I signed up for autopay via chat becuase their website did not work. I was told in writing that it would not take effect for 31 days and that for my end of May bill,  I would have to manually make a payment. I told them in that case I would do so on june 7/8. He said that would not be a problem. A couple of days late, I go to buy groceries and am declined. Upon further investigation I find that Comcast took out an unauthoirzied payment.

when I contacted comcast, again through Chat, I was told it would take 4-6 weeks to refund my money. I contacted my bank and they said Comcast had been doing that a lot lately, taking funds from debit cards before  they were supposed to. To dispute it,I would have to go through closing my debit card and getting another. And it still would not correct it immediantly. If i did a stop check it would cost me money. No matter what i did it would cost me more money. I chose to stop there have comcast stop my autopay and refere me to the complaint dept at which time they refused to transfer me , "for legal reasons"

XFINITY

Please select the topic that you would like to chat about today.

The following information will help us to access your account

Please complete the following information so that we can access your account.

An asterisk(*) marks required information.
For faster service, please sign in with your Comcast ID.
double billing

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2013 06:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/internet/Comcast-Bad-billing-practices-Internet-1055241. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Your problems aren't uncommon

AUTHOR: Just or Unjust - ()

Your problems aren't uncommon. Comcast is known nationwide as having poor support. Only thing you can do is keep communicating with them until the issue has been resolved. Good luck!