Complaint Review: Comcast

• Submitted: Tue, July 10, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, July 11, 2012

• Reported By: Trish-e — Gurnee Illinois United States of America
Comcast
1 Comcast Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103-2838 Internet United States of America

Comcast Bridgevine Who's Who and why is this so hard? Internet

*Consumer Comment: comcast/Bridgevine.com is a scam, stay away from it

*UPDATE Employee: Help

When you log on to comcast http://xfinity.comcast.net/ they ask for you email address to determine which bundles are available to you.  This then sends you to an "Authorized Retailer" - Bridgevine.  Why this is necessary is beyond me.  Once you purchase what seems to be the necessary equiment and select the plan you want you have to go back to comcast to schedule your installation.  It was during this phone call that I was told that there would be a 60$ installation cost and that the equipment that I just bought MAY NOT WORK.  I was told that I may need to rent a modem from Comcast for $7 a month.  The modem I purchased was 109.95.  If that modem doesn't work then why in the world would comcast authorize this "retailer" to sell it under their name.  Oh, and my rate is going to go up in 6 months and then again in another 6 months.  Now that's inflation.

This process is not at all transparent and feels like a huge scam.  Why can't big businesses like comcast just make it easier on the consumers.  Why do we have to feel like we are being cheated at every stage.  Just tell me what it costs up front so I can compare and make an informed decision.  Yes, this was all in the fine print, but I spoke to a live person and asked all the appropriate questions and there was still fine print.  The person I spoke to schedule the installation even said that the reason I had to call in was so that they could make sure I understood all the fine print.  Well, clearly I didn't.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2012 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/internet/Comcast-Bridgevine-Whos-Who-and-why-is-this-so-hard-Internet-909623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast

comcast/Bridgevine.com is a scam, stay away from it

AUTHOR: Bubakhon - ()

Mike Bass, you indicated that you can help but your email bounce back...

Help

AUTHOR: Mbass - (USA)

Hello, I am sorry you are confused. I work for Bridgevine and can help answer any questions regarding our company. Also, if you have any issues with your service I can help with that too. Just send me your order number and any other information that you may have regarding your order. Hope I can help.

Mike Bass