Complaint Review: Comcast

• Submitted: Thu, July 26, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, July 26, 2012

• Reported By: Josh — Colorado Springs Colorado USA

Comcast Comcast is not customer support , Internet

We signed up for comcast internet about 2 years ago, then I needed to upgrade my internet, upon calling they stated a price, I took their Support ID, and discussed with my wife, upon calling back in less than 10 minutes, I was told there was no such deal and I would have to sign up for tv in order to get a discount that was good for a year.  I took their information as well.  Upon going to get my receiver, I attempted to confirm the price to be told that it was going to be $30 more.  I discussed the pricing error with the lady and provided the support representatives information.  She stated she would get this fixed and provide the pricing I was promised for a year.  Six months later, my bill went up $30.  I called and they told me that no, that I was not on a discounted rate for a year, but they would fix it so that it just went up $5/6 months until it reach the normal price.  after a year, my bill went up $20 dollars, at that time I asked what if I cancelled my cable, they said it would actually stay the same price.  I confirmed, I am not in any contract, they stated, no you are not.

I recently signed up for home security through them and no have to move.  They do not offer services where I am going to move, so I discussed with family to see if they could assume the alarm, my family was ok, with it, however, every time I call to find out cost and process for transferring, I get told to call someone else.  I told them of this about the 4th call.  Then I get told by their representative, that they are getting the same response I am so they will call me back in about 30 minutes, after about 24 hours, I called again speaking to another individual, they stated that they would call me back in about an hour.  She also stated that somehow I am now in a contract that started back in May 2011, I explained that we never signed a contract and I wasn't in a contract in April 2012, so how am I in one now that started almost a year before that.  It has now been over 5 hours and no call yet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2012 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/internet/Comcast-Comcast-is-not-customer-support-Internet-917959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast