intended

• Reported By: atartaglia — Woodbridge Virginia United States of America
Comcast

Comcast Not helpful!, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Sorry

I am writing this because I feel very ripped off. On Friday, my daughter passed away unexpectedly. As some of you may know, funerals and all that jazz is not cheap. So we werent able to pay comcast by the due date. I called comcast, and explained the situation and asked if i could get an extension. They told me I was ineligible for one. The collections department then transferred me back to customer service saying that they can help me with some more options. The lady I spoke to at customer service said we cant help you. The only people that can help you make payment arrangements is collections. I told her that collections sent me back to customer service for more options. And she said well, we still cant help you. If your ineligible, your ineligible. Just make a payment of what you can make whenever you can make it and if your cable gets shut off then you will have to pay the full amount to get it reinstated.

What kind of company doesnt help their customers? You pay them good money to have their services, and when you need an extension on the payment its a big fat NO!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2011 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/internet/Comcast-Not-helpful-Internet-684010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast

Sorry

AUTHOR: Yalkable - (United States of America)

Most services won't give you an extension unless it's the kind you were offered wherein you'd pay part of the payment and instead of let's say two months nonpayment then cut-off you'd get three.

I'm sorry about your daughter. Frankly worrying about a cable bill isn't nearly as important as making sure you'd grieve properly. Funerals are not cheap, and I think there is more gouging on the dead than there is on cable customers. Ten or fifteen thousand dollars for a coffin, a service, and a plot of land? Yeah right.