Complaint Review: Comcast

• Submitted: Wed, October 31, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 31, 2012

• Reported By: Mike B — West Linn Oregon United States of America

Comcast Saveology Saveology does the bait and switch sales job and Comcast has to live with the results. Internet

I called what I thought was Comcast to order new cable TV service.  We are renters so I did not want a long term contract.  The sales agent told me I could go on a month to month deal for $39.95/month and that included free HBO for 3 months and ondemand movies.  Then he (David) went on to explain that I would also get $250 worth of shopping credit on a website.  He never mentioned Saveology... this was all represented as Comcast still.  Sounded Great.

He took a $10 "admin fee" and said he would transfer me to Comcast service department to schedule the installation.  Everything was great.  I was feeling like this was much better than DirectTV.

After the transfer, the Comcast agent or technician told me the real truth.  He said it was only $39.95 for the first 6 months. Then it goes up to $59.95 per month and after 1 year it goes up again to $79.95/month.  This was $120 more in the first year alone and $240 more the following year.  Kind of important to me this.  Unreal.  So I got upset and that is when he told me it was not Comcast who sold me the deal but a company called Saveology.  He acted like he gets complaints about them all the time. He just gave me their customer service email address and phone number.

I called Saveology to ask for my $10 back.  We'll see if i actually get it.  Something about that company tells me I will never see it again.  The partnership between Comcast and Saveology is just a bait and switch partnership.

I'm going to go back to DirectTV. They require a contract but at least they always told me the truth.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2012 10:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/internet/Comcast-Saveology-Saveology-does-the-bait-and-switch-sales-job-and-Comcast-has-to-live-wit-962661. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast