Complaint Review: Comcast

• Submitted: Mon, March 18, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, March 18, 2013

• Reported By: Mike — Danbury Connecticut
Comcast

Comcast Xfinity False information, raised bill, back and forth frustration and still no solution, Internet

I have been a Comcast customer for 3 years since I moved out of my parents house and they have been Comcast customers for 20 years. Recently, I have been constantly calling Comcast for a month about bills, trouble with service, changes of service, tech support and more.

It started when my bill went up for no reason and I changed my service. I went from having Economy Internet and Digital Starter TV. I dropped down to the same internet and Digital Economy TV. I was told by the rep numerous times that the DTA small converters would be fine with watching the channels in the Digital Economy Package. Because of this info, I returned the Standard box to the local Comcast office.

I was using the DTA boxes for over a year without the Standard box and I was told I would be fine leaving it that way with Digital Economy TV. After a few weeks once the plan changed to Digital Economy, my TV would no longer show ANY of the channels between 27 and 70. I checked the other DTA and it worked, so I moved it upstairs and then it stopped working within minutes.

I was told that maybe my cables were bad and I had to wait 2 days for a Comcast Tech to come out to my house and tell me that I needed the Standard boxes to watch these channels since the DTA boxes have an only-basic, or full line-up options.  I called Customer Service over the phone and I asked if there was anything that could be done with my bill or service for the inconvenience and lack of knowledge on their part and he said no. I was also told that if I get 2 of the Standard Boxes the first one is free and the second one would be $2.35 per month.

This seemed lower than I thought it would be, so I made sure to ask another 3 times at least to make sure this was accurate. I was confidently told every time that my bill would go from $72 and change to $74 and change. I went to Comcast Saturday morning and it was closed by 1pm. I just went to the Comcast Office again to pick up 2 Standard Boxes and I was told that the second box would be $10 per month. I am extremely frustrated with the lack of knowledge from the customer service team.

It is pretty ridiculous to get wrong information that many times about a product that the rep should be familiar with (Comcast). Either the employees are just lying to get their customers off the phone or they are not trained properly at all. I hope something can be done to rectify this situation and show that Comcast actually cares about their customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2013 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/internet/Comcast-Xfinity-False-information-raised-bill-back-and-forth-frustration-and-still-no-so-1035801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast